Dr Vanessa Fisher
B Ost. British School of Osteopathy
Vanessa could help you with:
- Back Pain Research Link 1 & Research Link 2
- Neck Pain and symptoms of whiplash Research Link 1 & Research Link 2
- Sciatica and Nerve Irritation
- Pregnancy Related Issues Research Link 1 & Research Link 2
- Headaches and Jaw Pain Research Link 1 & Research Link 2
- Sports Injuries Research Link
- Tendonitis and Bursitis Research Link
- Arthritic symptoms Research Link
- Work/Repetitive Strain Injuries Research Link
- Frozen Shoulder Research Link
- Elbow and Hand Pain Research Link
- Postural and Workplace Complaints
She treats Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) patients and patients with chronic conditions under the Chronic Disease Management (CDM) program. Please speak to your GP or ring to speak to us to see if you might be eligible.
An early career as a leading professional dancer sparked an interest for Vanessa in the human body and the physical effects of activity. After undertaking various courses in health and fitness to develop her knowledge and understanding, she progressed into the field of osteopathy.
The dance and fitness background have given Vanessa a special interest in treating athletes and sports injuries. “It is an achievement when you can see the progress the patient is making through treatment” she says “and watching them progress back to their previous level of fitness. It inspires me to work hard with my patients and makes my job so enjoyable.”
Since having children of her own, Vanessa has expanded her knowledge and skill set so that she can pursue another area of interest, cranial osteopathy. She has developed a keen passion for the osteopathic technique and has found it to be of great benefit to pregnant women, babies and young children and a variety of people suffering with stress and anxiety.
Vanessa is passionate about making a difference to the lives of people who have physical ailments. She has an empathy with people and enjoys working in the local Northern Beaches community.