Why do people see a Psychologist?
There are many reasons why people approach their doctor for a referral to a psychologist for help.
- Stress management
- Pain management
- Adjustment to chronic illness (especially in the aged population and their families)
- Adherence to medical treatment (especially if recently diagnosed with Diabetes, etc.)
- Eating disorders
- Coping with dying, death and bereavement (loss and grief issues and palliative care issues, especially in the growing aged population and their families)
- Recovering from accidents and illness
- Health promotion
- Socio-cultural influences on health
What is involved in a Psychology session?
The modalities utilised in therapy sessions are:
Call reception today to make your appointment on (02) 9938 1090.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) – an extension of CBT focusing on mindfulness and present moment
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Problem solving, general guidance and support