The end of the year comes around and you’ve forgotten again to use up all of your health fund cover. You’re paying big bucks for this Private Health Insurance (in case of the worst) and not getting much in return. Make your Health Fund work for you and follow these tips to get more value back both for your wallet and your body.
7 Tips on How to get more out of your health fund.
• Get your motor running: Learn to use your health fund for a tune up or maintenance. We all get sick during the winter, we all pull a hammy or get a headache, there are times when we know we could trim down. These are the best times to check yourself in for some body maintenance or advice with your Natural Therapies professionals: Bowen Therapy, Homeopathy, Herbal Medicine, Massage, Naturopathy, Osteopathy & Acupuncture.
• Detective work: Find out when your annual limit ends – is your health fund running on a financial year? or calendar year? Find out what your annual benefit is for Natural Therapies is it $200? or $500? That’s a lot of relaxing you could be doing!
• Spread it out: Work out what your rebate amount is for your favourite type of Natural Therapies treatment.(It will be on your HIcaps receipt or online claim receipt from a previous treatment). Know your annual limit for that category. Work out how many treatments it would take to fully use the annual allowance within the 12 month period and make those appointments accordingly. eg Rebate $20, Annual Limit $200 for massage. That allows me 10 massages over a 12 month period. You can even set a reminder for yourself in your phone to book yourself in advance according to these intervals, remember you can book yourself in online!
• Pay it forward: Encourage (or nag) your spouse to book in and use their health fund dollars up. You’re both paying for the Health Fund Cover, right? So use it – That’s what its there for!
• Try something new: Do you use some of your Natural Therapies benefits during the year but not all of it? Why not set a goal to try something new like Bowen Therapy, Naturopathy, Herbal Medicine or Acupuncture? You might be surprised how good you feel!
• Different Therapy, Different Category: Did you know that some of our treatments are in different categories? Eg Osteopathy is in a different category to Massage, Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine. Psychology is in a different category again. You might have a whole category you’re not using there! Make sure you get your money’s worth. Using different modalities might also help get you relief faster.
• What’s your plan?: Why not plan alternating treatments with different therapists to maximise your categories and policy benefit, not to mention feeling on top of the world physically & mentally! We’re ok with you alternating treatments between modalities e.g. Acupuncture & homeopathy for hormone balancing.
At The Family Wellness Centre, we are a multi-modality clinic providing a variety of Natural Therapy treatments. From Osteopathy to counselling, Acupuncture to Hypnotherapy & Massage to Kinesiology, we have several for you to choose from.
Call our recpetionist today on 9938 1090, to find out what you will need to get your health back on track. Stop letting time slip away and start with a health consultation to begin your recovery. Alternatively, you can book online by clicking here.
Or to find out more make sure you grab your FREE Guide to the 5 Mistakes Killing your Neck & Shoulders, simply enter your details on any page of the site in the sidebar.