A nourishing and hearty salad filled with dark leafy greens, vegetables, healthy fats, and protein.
• 2 cups romaine, roughly chopped
• 1 cup spinach- wilted
• 4-5 roasted Brussel sprouts (from batch cooking day)
• 1 roasted sweet potato
• Small tomatoes
• ½ cup carrots, shredded or diced
• ¼ cup cucumber, sliced thinly
• ¼ of an avocado
• 2 tablespoons hummus (of your choice)
• fresh squeezed lemon
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• dash of kelp granules
• dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Start by filling a large salad bowl with the dark leafy greens.
2. Next, top with all the remaining vegetables, sweet potatoes, and hemp seeds; piling them in their own “spot” in the bowl (as pictured).
3. You can arrange each ingredient in a pile and then wait to stir everything together, or you can simply top the dark leafy greens with all the remaining ingredients at the same time and stir thoroughly.
4. The hummus + the apple cider vinegar makes for a thick and creamy dressing on its own.
5. Serve and enjoy!