At Family Wellness Centre we are all for minimising waste and a big question after the BIG DAY is What do I do with Christmas leftovers? And also, what’s all this about Minimising?
Let me ask you a question. How long has it been since you felt good in your body? I mean really good. Are you waiting till summer, hoping you can hide under winter woollies before you think about the next diet? If you made the commitment to finally fit into that favourite dress again – […]
Food Cravings of the unhealthy type can be a HUGE hurdle when it comes to weight loss and fat loss plans. But did you know that your genetics could be the reason you crave food at the oddest of times or have stuggles losing weight altogether? In this post we look at some of the […]
The Summer Merry-Go-Round Is Here. Warm Weather And Weight Loss So what is the latest weight loss diet in the news? You may or may not be surprised to learn that according to the prestigious medical journal The Lancet it is the low fat diet – but for all the wrong reasons. A United States-based […]
By Katika Funnell – Acupuncturist
The Facts :
• Various studies show that women experience constipation more than men.
• Rates as high as two thirds of women were said to experience constipation from a survey conducted by Gut Foundation on 1,300 women.
• 1 in 3 people are too embarrassed to discuss constipation with their friends or family.
• 1 in 5 people say constipation stops them from exercising or engaging in social activities.
• Research shows there are misconceptions about Constipation and the use of Laxatives to treat it.